Happy 2018, everyone!
Last year I set myself a few writing goals in the beginning of the New Year. A lot of them didn’t get done, with In Pain and Blood commanding much of my time. I did get a few more books read than 2016, but fell well short of the twelve I’d set myself…
- Get An Unexpected Gift edited and published. I completed this 20k novella addition to In Pain and Blood just at the end of December and have recently gone through its first self-edit. Next step, critique.
- Finish Dark One’s Bride. I had planned to get to this after IPaB last year, and did manage to write a little on it, but it ultimately got pushed aside to focus on IPaB’s release. There’s still a few chapters to write and some more to re-write.
- Start on To Target the Heart. It’s sitting there waiting on me to turn my full attention to it. Fortunately, a little more patient than IPaB was and is satisfied in a few snippets here and there.
- Figure out what I’m going to do with what I’ve for-now titled Extinguishing the Sun. Ultimately, I’ll likely write it, but it’ll require a lot of attention and focus.
- Read more, as always. I’ve perhaps doubled my reading pile since the beginning of last year and only read a handful of books.
On another note. In Pain and Blood has got a new cover. I was holding this for the paperback release, but I’m a weak person and it’s too gorgeous. Leonardo did a wonderful job with the characters (in fact, I’ve already an idea or two on what to do for TTtH for when the time comes). The typography was a little touch and go at first, but I’m satisfied with it now.
What goals do you have for 2018?